Test Environment

John Welling January 26, 2022

Hello Confluence users, I have been tasked to lead our corporate Confluence steering committee and would like to develop our Confluence solution options in a test environment. Is this an appropriate strategy or do most developers merely develop live but do not publish until the final structure is developed. My image is to develop several structural options for the steering committee to generate meaningful discussions.

Thanks

1 comment

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

@John Welling Welcome to the world of Confluence!

I’ll start the conversation by first asking what license type you are planning on investing in. 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing

The basis of the question is what type of tools you may have at your disposal. Let us know and we can continue the conversation and assist with best practices and suggestions. 

John Welling January 26, 2022

I already have access to Confluence but I am not sure the license level that I have been given. Where would I find this information

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

@John Welling let's start with seeing if you have access to the Billing information, which would tell you what level your licensing is on.

If you see a gear icon on the top right of the Confluence Window, you can click that, then Billing under Site Administration, the manage Subscriptions to see what licensing tier you are on.

The reason I ask is that if you are on Premium you will have access to a Sandbox environment that you can configure independent of the live instance. If not, we'll go through some best practices related to the environment you do have access to.

John Welling March 14, 2022

John Welling Permissives.png

Please see above my Confluence access. Do I have the ability to work in the sandbox?

Thanks

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

@John Welling your screenshot is of the permissions in a specific space in your instance, not the licensing scheme of your instance. See my screenshot below:

Capture10.JPG

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events