search order by number of linked JIRAs

Andrzej Tokarski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2015

Hello, I have two projects: project's X bugfixes are linked to project Y's customer issues. I want to create a filter that would give me a list of X stories ordered (DESC) by a number of linked Y stories.

For now I am ordering by update date:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("resolution = 'Bug in Product'", "solved by") AND project = "X" AND status != closed ORDER BY updatedDate DESC

How to modify this search to include aggregation by number of linked Y issues? something like: "ORDER BY numberOfLinkedIssues DESC"

Do you think JQL Tricks might help here? If so, I'd recommend installing it in my organisation since we need this badly.

Thanks,

Andy Tokarski

2 answers

0 votes
Andrzej Tokarski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2015

I thought JQL Tricks might improve it. We'll implement your suggestion most probably then. Thanks! Andy

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2015

You won't be able to order by number of linked issues because that is not an attribute on the issue (links are but not the number of linked issues). You can do that only if you capture the number of linked issues in a scripted field or calculated field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events