scroll-html within page properties

Deleted user November 19, 2018

Hi all,

We have created different page templates for our documents. In each template we store information concerning the template itself (template author, version, etc.) which we don't want to be exported into a PDF but which we need to have on an overview page (with page properties report). So, we placed a page-property-macro within a scroll-ignore-macro. The PDF-export comes as expected (without page property info). But in the overview the document will not be listed at all.

When editing the page template I can see "scroll-html=true". Is this the reason why the page won't be listed in the page properties report?

In any case, can someone support me to get what we need?

Thank you in advance.

Timur

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tobias Anstett (K15t)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2018

Hi Timur,

To help I need some more infos.

The PDF-export comes as expected (without page property info). But in the overview the document will not be listed at all.

Is the page not shown in the page-properties-report in the Confluence page view or in the PDF export?

Best, Tobias

Deleted user November 20, 2018

Hi Tobias

Yes, the page is not shown in the page-properties-report in another confluence page.

I attached a screenshot of how I built the page with scroll-ignore and page-property macro.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Timur

Edit_-_A03_-_Business_Case_-__Projektname__-_Cenfluence.png

Deleted user November 20, 2018

Addendum: When I configure both macros the other way around (scroll-ignore within page-properties) I get a blank page in the PDF-Scroll-Export after the table of content.

Tobias Anstett (K15t)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

Hi Timur,

Which version of Confluence and the PDF Exporter are you using? I just tried to the following scenario:

1) Created page "A" containing a page-properties-report macro looking for pages with label "test"

2) Created a child page of A called "B" using scroll-ignore and page-properties and adding the label "test"

The page was shown in the report (I waited 5secs to make sure the index task was running).

Best, Tobias

Deleted user November 21, 2018

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your response. I have tried the exact same as you did with completely new pages... but still, it won't work.

confluence-version: Cloud (no indication of version as it is patched and/or updated continuously)

scroll pdf exporter for cloud: 1.3.28-AC

scroll exporter extension for cloud: 1.1.22-AC

I really hope it's just a version issue :)

Regards,

Timur

Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2018

Hi Timur, 

Thanks for confirming the versions that you are using, this has helped us to identify the problem.

Unfortunately, the issue with Page properties not being included in the PP report when embedded in a Scroll Ignore macro is an issue affecting Confluence Cloud.

We have an open bug fix for this behaviour which you can track here: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/EXP-2095This behaviour works as expected on Confluence Server which is why we were unable to initially reproduce the same behaviour you mentioned.  

This issue still needs to be refined by our developers in order to ascertain how best to fix this issue and to calculate the time it'll take to implement (hopefully, this refinement will occur next week). Once we have this information available we will be able to plan it into one of our future development sprints. In the meantime, please sign up to our JIRA (via k15t.jira.com) in order to watch, comment and/or vote on this issue. We'll then send a notification for every status update. 

Cheers, Thomas (K15t Software)

Deleted user November 23, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to hear that you guys are aware of the issue and working on it.

Best,

Timur

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events