"Create sub-task" post-function copies all field values from Parent

Angus Law November 10, 2014

JIRA version - 6.2.4

Script Runner version -  2.1.17

Using the post-function "Create Sub-task", I find that any values from any field on the parent task are copied over to the new sub-task. Is this expected behaviour?

There is nothing in the logs that I can see (on debug mode) that relates to this. Here's a screenshot showing the parent (bottom, 1STCREDIT_AE-155) and it's sub-tasks - as you can see all the field values are the same (I selected a random assortment of both custom and system fields).

1.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

It does this by design, as generally people want fields copied, or at least it's easier to unset fields in the "additional issue actions" section than it is to copy them.

If you expand the Examples link there are examples for setting them, you will need to set to null any that you don't want to copy.

Angus Law November 12, 2014

Thanks Jamie - I'll set them manually. It may be worth explicitly stating this in your documentation - the reason I came across this was because our users were mentioning other others in the Description field, which was then copied over to 9 sub-tasks, resulting in a lot of email traffic! Thanks, Angus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events