how to install survey plugin?

Hi, I want to install the survey pluging from Fran Stiller but am unsure how to do it. I have installed plug-ins before, but they have always been .jar files and very easy to install. This is a zip file that contains a few folders???

Any help would be appreciated

2 answers

Hi Keith,

When I just tested the download from the Atlassian Marketplace, I was only able to download a .JAR file and not a .Zip so I'm not sure what you have downloaded: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/195

However, some plugins are now being released in .OBR format so if you have one in that format in your .Zip file then you could try uploading that.

All the best,
John

Thanks John, When I download from that link I receive a zip file, when extracted it shows the following folders: com, images, META-INF, templates and an xml file called atlassian-plugin.xml

any chance you could mail the .jar to my personal email??? cruachan@ireland.com

just rename it to .jar this is a browser bug. The browser (IE?) saves the file as zip but it's a jar...

Just to be sure I'll mail you the jar file as well.

Cheers,

Philipp

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,380 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you