how to check how many instances of a specific customfield type are being used in JIRA

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

Hi .

I have created a specific customfield type (extended from a MultiSelectCFType). Lets call this myCustomField for now.

I would like to check how many instances of this custom field type are being in used in JIRA. Assume some number are being used and have been assigned to the relevant screens/ project contexts etc. Meaning the instances are being used in JIRA.

I would like to do this check via code (from a webworks action class).

How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2014

You can iterate on the custom fields using CustomFieldManager and look at the types to check if it is the one you are looking for.

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2014

Hi @Jobin.
Thanks for your reply .

Havent tested it but sounds like it should work. Will try it out in code soon.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events