create new version in autocomplete-field directly

Alejandro Alanis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2019

Hi there,
without the plugin, if you are project-admin, you are able to create versions either in the "releases"-screen, aswell as typing in directly in the fixVersion-(autocomplete)-Field.

With the Version Manager Plugin (which we purchased), now i can grant the permission to other groups aswell to create versions - but this only works in the "manage versions"-screen and not directly in the fixVersion-field.

As a project-admin i can still do that as without the plugin, but i expected the new permission to also affect the fixVersion-Field, which currently is not the case.

This would certainly help a lot, since the usability is way better when you can add them directly without leaving your issue screen.

Is this some kind of configuration issue? Can you give me any hints on how to achieve that with or without the plugin?

Thx & BR

Alejandro

1 answer

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

I am sorry, possibility to create a new version directly when editing fixVersion is only possible if you have Administer Project permission. The Version Manager for Jira plugin cannot influence this, because edit fixVersion field is under control of standard Jira and not extendable. 

Best regards, Holger

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events