Zephyr: How to add the issue Type "Bug" to a test cycle

Johannes August 14, 2017

I´m evaluating Zephyr and In Zephyr only test-cases can be add to testCycles. I want to add "bugs" also. Is there any possibility to configure this ?

I want to add the bug directly and not via linked testcase.

thx Hannes

2 answers

0 votes
Johannes September 11, 2017

ok - many thx for information

0 votes
Arun Ravindran August 23, 2017

Hi Johannes

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.As per a basic test management application flow and best practise our testing tool is designed as "Create a Test Case"->"Add to test cycle"->"Execute the Test Cases in the Cycle"->Raise a defect or bug for Failed executions

We cuurently only allow linking to bugs and there is no explicit way of adding Bugs to test cycle

If you can provide a use case and how it will effect a QA team,we can use the same to raise a feature request with our product team for them to consider in future releases .

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Ian Wermer Gibson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2018

Hi Zehpyr Support,

I would also like a similar feature to this. Basically, instead of having to create duplicate Jira items with the Zephyr Test type for every item which we develop (be it Bug, Story, Task) it would be nice if we could simply create one item which would serve as both Use Case (User Story if you prefer) AND Test Case.

IMHO Use Cases and Test Cases should essentially be the same thing, with the Test case simply including data/environment specific details required to execute the test. So why duplicate?

This would greatly reduce the number of Jira Items we'd need to work with.

So I'd propose some new Item types, which all work as per the standard Jira types, except that they also include test steps and can function as Zephyr Test Items. These should be for example

Testable Story

Testable Bug

Testable Sub Task

Regarding Nomenclature, naming need not be as per the above, perhaps use the same names as the Jira task types, but with different icons :)

Thanks

Like # people like this
Deleted user May 22, 2018

[Removed]

Lenka Red June 5, 2018

I agree with Ian Wermer Gibson

Kresimir Linke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2018

I agree with Ian! He has explained the essence of the problem. I find great value in Zephyr but I am forced to find an alternative to reduce so many duplicates and keep test cases in front of those who need to find them. Having a duplicate does not only mean more clicks but that those clicks might never happen, the dev team does not read the test case provided to them because it is not attached on the ticket they are working on but on some liked one... Please consider resolving the request.

Thanks much,

Kreso Linke

Like # people like this
Jakub Złoczewski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 23, 2019

In my case creating "Test" for "Task" makes clutter in product backlog and duplicates work of describing issues.

It would be great if "Zephyr Actions", "Test Details" and "Test Executions" are just add-on fields to existing tasks.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events