Why am I getting an error with JQL in Automation for JIRA?

Phyllis Zhu September 14, 2016

Hi again,

I'm setting up a simple schedule rule but am running into an error when it's run:

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 3.42.52 PM.png

I've removed all other types of checks at this time to narrow down the error. There's only one JQL now, but still get the error.

I've even tried the JQL is just: issuetype = "Dev sub-task" and the user condition check function provided in Automation but I still get the error. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 3.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-14 at 3.45.17 PM.png

Help, I can't see what's wrong with the condition statement. 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Hi Phyllis,

So you're using the wrong trigger in this case.  You're using "Scheduled", but what you want is "Scheduled JQL search" as the trigger with your JQL query.

Project automation - JIRA 2016-09-15 09-23-31.png

The problem with your rule is that the trigger doesn't return any issues - it simply runs at a given time.  Then the condition is used to stop rule execution (they don't lookup new issues for the following actions).  What you want is a trigger that looks up the right issues, and then have the action after that.  

That error is quite confusing though. I've raised https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-22 to improve this!

Cheers,

Andreas

Phyllis Zhu September 15, 2016

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events