What JIRA version is supported by Script Runner plugin?

Neeraj Tiwari December 31, 2014

Hi Jamie,

Not sure if I understand this correctly. But on the plugin's website, I saw that the only supported JIRA version is 6.3-6.3.12

We are currently on 6.0.1 version of JIRA and it says "Unsupported" in the "Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA"

Can you please confirm if we have to upgrade our JIRA to 6.3 or higher in order for Script Runner to work for us?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Simpson • AppFusions • v3 December 31, 2014

There are lots of versions of Script Runner which support legacy versions of JIRA.

Take a look here:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/versions 

Thanks!

But I guess, the latest version of Script Runner that I can use is: "2.1.14" for our 6.0.1 version of JIRA. If I click there, it says: "No Vendor Support" Does that mean if I have any question or any issue with the plugin then I can't contact anyone regarding this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2014

It does not mean you cannot contact Jamie as the author, but as the version is not supported, he may well respond with "change to a supported version". He'll generally try to help though.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2015

"Supported" does not mean that AFAIK. "Supported" means the vendor will try to help you with any problems you have, on the vendor's terms. (My terms are currently that the question is asked here). At some point it was changed from unsupported to supported, although nothing changed in terms of the support given. So basically, just use the latest version according to the compatibility matrix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events