WBS Gantt-Chart : sharing of issue fields between Gantt-Charts

Sanjay Bhandari September 14, 2018

It seems like there are 2 kinds of URLs to render WBS Gantt-Charts.

URL-1 https://<host>/secure/WBSGanttMain.jspa?filter=BOARD_89

and:

URL-2 https://<host>/secure/WBSGanttMain.jspa?filter=22719

I get URL-1 when I create a Gantt-Chart from filter 22719 (the same filter used in URL-2).

The behavior of the Gantt-Charts is different though.

URL-1 behaves as if the WBS-Gantt fields for issues are not shared with other Gantt-Charts that reference the same issues i.e. changes made in one Gantt-Chart are not seen in other Gantt-Charts.

URL-2 behaves such that the fields are shared i.e. changes made in one Gantt-Chart are seen in other Gantt-Charts.

Questions

What is going on here?

What is the difference when the WBS Gantt-Chart is rendered via the 2 URLs?

Additionally

We have WBS Gantt-Charts based on BOARDS that reference the same JIRA issues. Some of these BOARDS behave as if the WBS-Gantt fields for these issues are shared. And other BOARDS behave as if the fields are not shared.

What causes this difference in behavior for sharing of WBS-Gantt fields?

1 answer

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

Hi,
Those two Gantt-chart has the different configuration.
URL-1 shows `Gantt` which you have created from WBS Gantt chart creating screens which reflect each own Gantt configuration. Gantt settings

The other one is 'Filter Gantt-chart' (URL-2), it reflects Global configuration (know as 'Feature settings' at 9.8.0 version or later), only administrators or system administrator have permission to configure them.  (JIRA ADMINISTRATION menu>  Add-ons>Feature settings)Feature settings

General user information 

Best,

Jennifer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events