Value Field Condition from JSUTIL doesn't work with Calculated Number Field from JMCF plugin?

Laura Savičienė May 18, 2015

Hi,

I have a calculated number field (provided by JMCF plugin, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields) which calculates some properties of the issue, and I want to have a workflow condition (provided by JSUTIL plugin, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities), based on this field, i.e. "The field <fieldname> will have to be less than value '0'. Compared as Number."
When I set this condition, the workflow transition becomes unavailable in all issues, even in the issues that comply to this condition (JQL search "<fieldname> < 0" returns them).
I tried various conditions with this field, and the only one that works (transition becomes available) is "The field <fieldname> will have to be equal to value 'NULL'. Compared as Number." It seems that the JSUTIL retrieves the Calculated Number Field's value as NULL.

Is my conclusion correct, or am I missing something?
Regards,

Laura

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

You should ask that question to the JSUTIL team. Maybe they don't support Calculated Fields (which is a standard JIRA feature).

Laura Savičienė May 19, 2015

I did label the question with both plugins as I didn't know which end was the problem, but after hundredth rechecking I found that the problem was actually on my end - there was a mistake in the calculated fields code, and JSUTIL was more "correct" in retrieving the field value. Probably I should delete the question altogether, as it is no longer a question, but maybe someone runs into a similar problem, so I will leave it with an explanation (sorry for not using terms like "namespaces", but I know too little about how the actual calculations happen :)): I missed a variable declaration in the field's formula. If it was the only calculated field, it would have been returning null (and maybe throwing errors in jira log, not sure about that). But variable with the same name is used in other calculated fields, so all views, screens, searches etc. did show a value for the calculated field in question, and only JSUTIL managed to somehow process it "in isolation", and (correctly) evaluate it to null.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events