Using Power Script to use validator not working

Junianto Kosasih
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 28, 2017

I am evaluating Power Script to be used in our JIRA. As I am following the sample code for validator (comments required) to transition to another workflow, it does not seem to work. There is no comment provided, but the transition still happens. 

How to get this to work?I have set it up for transition in my workflow. I am using SIL 4.0.6 version.

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Muse {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hi @Junianto Kosasih, I see this question is pretty old. Are you still having problems with this?

0 votes
Junianto Kosasih
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2017

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the reply. I have followed the instruction and put the transition as part of the validator.

If you see my workflow below, the 'check_for_comment' transition from 'BACKLOG' to 'IN PROGRESS', I have validator set. I could see from your answer that it works for me. I am trying to figure out what do I miss. Could you please give me some pointers/information?

Thank you.

validator_check.JPG

0 votes
Justin Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

The following sample script worked for me. Are you sure you associated the script as a validator with the intended transition?

==========

/*
Use this script as a workflow transition validator to allow transition only if
a comment has been supplied.
*/

string errorMsg = "You must enter a comment!";
if(!hasInput("comment")) {
  return false, "comment", errorMsg;
}

=========

commentRequired.png

Suggest an answer