Unable to create a JIRA Report as tutorial says

he helen January 6, 2013

I follow the tutorial found at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Creating+a+JIRA+Report,but cann't get the result like that:

still like before:

I see the downloaded report demo uses atlassian-jira at version 4.1.1.1,but I install JIRA 5.2.3.Can newer JIRA use old version demo plugin? How can I solve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2013

It's possible for a later Jira to use plugins compiled for earlier Jira versions, but it's not something you can rely on, as the API can, and does change.

4.1 to 5 is pretty much a non-starter though - as soon as there's anything to do with users, you need to change the code of the plugin (the user stuff changes radically between 4.2 and 4.3) and recompile it.

Start by changing your pom.xml - look for the version of Jira it targets and change it to 5.2 (I'd do the same with the data version as well) - your IDE should then start to tell you what code you need to change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events