Tasks disappear in gantt chart when there is a cross project blocked by link

Oren Rasekh November 30, 2014

When I try to make issue-y in project-2 blocked by issue-x in project-1, issue-y disappears from the gantt chart. Is this a known issue / is there a time estimate on when this will be resolved. Its currently keeping my business from using this plugin.

2 answers

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

Hi Oren,

That issue has been resolved. Let me know if it works for you now. Thanks!

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Hi Oren,

I have created a separate issue for that:

https://wisoft.atlassian.net/browse/GANTT-177

Apparently, it is a side effect of not rendering inter-projects dependencies. I will try to fix that so issue will be at least rendered without dependencies in such cases. I'll let you know when it's done.

orenr61 December 2, 2014

Why are cross-project issue dependencies not rendered "by design"? I would assume if there is a dependency between 2 projects it should be considered valid and therefore rendered.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

As we group issues by Projects on the left header it would be impossible to rener such dependencies on 2D gantt chart. Consider Issue 1 from Project A being blocked by Issue 2 from Project B, so Issue 1 should be rendered _below_ and further to the right. But, Project A is the _first_ on the left header and so are rendered all it's issues. It could be possible to switch those two projects in that simple case (Project B could go first), but what if there are more such dependencies (e.g. A-B-A-B)? In short, to make a proper gantt chart we need to change the order of the issues but we can do so only for the issues in the same group (project in that case). The only solution for this would be using different grouping strategies, for example, components, sprints etc. (or turning off the grouping at all). There is no plans for implementing that in near future, I'm afraid.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events