Send Email action not working after recent Automation for Jira update

Ryan Eames (Admin) January 14, 2018

Hello,

I use the Send Email action in a few of my scripts and it has worked flawlessly until not long ago, maybe last month.  There appeared to be an update that was made, both to Automation for Jira, and for Jira itself, and the emails in my script are now never received.

The audit log says they were sent successfully, but regardless of what email address I enter no emails are ever received.  No errors are thrown for this script and no changes to the script have been made since it was working.

Is there a known issue for this already?  Is this something only I am having issues with?

Thanks

Ryan

2 answers

1 vote
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hi Ryan, 

Can you please raise this as a support case:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/create/3

Also please attach a screenshot of the expanded version of the audit log for this rule.

Thanks,

Scott.

0 votes
Ryan Eames (Admin) January 25, 2018

As a follow-up, this was resolved locally for me by using our Jira alias email rather than any other email, including the Automation for Jira address in this field (as it had previously worked).

Not sure if this will work for anyone else experiencing this issue, but it has solved the problem at least for now for me.

Thanks

Ryan

Archie Smith March 28, 2018

Hi Ryan, I'm not able to send emails (first time using the rule so I've never sent emails from outr Jira).

What is the  Jira alias email" so I can try that?

Thank you,

Archie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events