Scroll PDF Exporter - Numbering only Pages

Jürgen Martin November 5, 2018

Is there any possibilities to number only the pages, not the headings on the pages?
E.g.:
- page 1
     heading 1 on page 1
-- page 2
     heading 1 on page 2
--- page 3
--page 4
- page 5

Now, if I configure headings till level 3 I will get:
1. page 1
1.1. heading 1 on page 1
1.2 page 2
1.2.1 heading 1 on page 2
1.2.2 page 3
1.3 page 4
2. page 5

But I want:
1. page 1
1.1 page 2
1.1.1 page 3
1.2. page 4
2. page 5

Best,

Jürgen

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hi Jürgen, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Was I right in understanding that you wanted only the page title numbered in the PDF export and that the subsequent headings on the page remain unnumbered (see screenshot)? 

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 10.14.28.png

If so, this is currently not possible and the heading numbering algorithm deployed by our exporter will detect all heading levels on a page and build a hierarchy from this.

At the moment, the only way to achieve what you require when using our app would be to not use heading levels in your specific content but this would likely not be an option.  

Was there a specific reason why you needed the heading levels in your content to remain without numbers? It would be great to hear some more information in relation to your use-case. 

Cheers, Thomas (K15t Software)

Jürgen Martin November 7, 2018

Thomas,

thanks for your answer.

The point is, that I have a Confluence page template with a heading 3 on it. The heading has no numbering and is used for better readability. And the heading should also not numbered in a export - because it makes no sense in this context.

The problem is now, that I have different layers in page hierarchy - therefore in some cases the heading 3 gets numbered and in other it doesn't.
E.g.:

- page 1
-- page 2
     heading 3 on page 2
--- page 3
     heading 3 on page 3
-- page 4

Now, if I configure headings till level 3 I will get:
1. page 1
1.1 page 2
1.1.1 heading 3 on page 2
1.1.2 page 3