ScriptedFields always returns "Cannot get property 'name' on null object"

Thomas Malmberg February 14, 2016

Even the simplest example like "issue.id as Double". What is going wrong?

issue.id as Double.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

This is https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-900, and will be fixed in the next release.

0 votes

I have tried

• issue.id + '' (returnig a text-field)
  • issue.id as Double (returning a number-field)

I get the same error message.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2016

Could you provide JIRA version and ScriptRunner version.

Are it compatible?

JIRA is 7.0.5 (Core) and ScriptRunner is 4.2.0.5. I have installed ScriptRunner from JIRA and was thus assuming that it is compatbile. I am able to use the JQL extended functionality OK.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2016

It seems to be a bug for JIRA 7. I would recommend to create a bug ticket for ScriptRunner plugin

Thomas Malmberg February 15, 2016

Adaptavist only allows for creating a bug in their tracker when you have a support contract. I do not, I have only purchased the plugin from the marketplace and the "support" -link pointed to this "answers"-section. Could you advise on how to go forward? Thanks.

Thomas Malmberg February 15, 2016

OK, I found the link to the tracker and created a bug.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2016

First of all you should return String value. In this case you return Double. Try 

issue.id + ''

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events