Script runner- send a custom email

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi,

i would like to use the send a custom email postfunction in transition. I have text field<255 where i store an email adress and i would like to send an email to this adress when a transition is executed. However when i fill the field "To Issue Fields" in with the email field name or id, jira will log a WARN Could not handle field <field_name>.

Could you provide me help with how to enter the custom field to the postfunction please?

thanks

Radk

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi there,

the syntax in "To issue fields" should be like customfield_xxxxx where xxxxx is the id of customfield.

Have a look in the screenshot.

Make sure that your customfield is configured to be available in your project and issue type.

Cheers

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

thanks Kostas!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events