Script Runner: Update user id doesn't work

Deleted user January 2, 2014

I've just tried using the Script Runner built-in script to Rename a User ID, and it failed badly.

I previewed it, then ran it, and all looked fine, and the renamed user appeared in the user list. But...

• When the user tried to log in with his new id he got an error page
  • When I tried to click through on the user's ID from the user list I got an error message

and worst of all...

• Every other Jira user became unable to reassign issues using the user drop-down.

It looks like the index of user names became corrupted in some way.

Fortunately, running the script again to change the user id back to the original name solved all these problems.

Has anyone else used this built-in script successfully?

thanks,

Mark.

5 answers

0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

Hi Mark,

I'm not very familiar iwth 6.0 upwards, but I was able to find the following, it might help

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Login+Fails+With+the+Message+-+User+exists+but+has+no+unique+key+mapping

0 votes

I've just tried removing the user from all groups prior to running the rename script, but exactly the same thing happens.

0 votes

I've just tried removing the user from all groups prior to running the rename script, but exactly the same thing happens.

0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for your reponse.

We're running script runner 2.1.15 with Jira 6.0.8 (build 6109).

• As admin, when I click on the newly changed user ID in the user list I get a standard brower "This web page is not available" message displayed. If I hover over the user ID I get a mesage saying "User does not exist: AXD. See attached screenshot (below). You'll also see that the user's image has disappeared

• If the user then tries to log in with their new ID they get the following error message...

Deleted user January 19, 2014

Mark Love · 36 karma · Jan 03 at 11:54 AM

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

Hi Mark,

I'm not very familiar iwth 6.0 upwards, but I was able to find the following, it might help

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Login+Fails+With+the+Message+-+User+exists+but+has+no+unique+key+mapping

Gabriel June 15, 2014

I too am experiencing the same issue. Mark's mention of -

"Fortunately, running the script again to change the user id back to the original name solved all these problems."

- did fix the problem but still leaves me unable to change a username within JIRA. This was attempted on a local JIRA directory account. Has anyone found further information?

0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2014

Hi Mark,

What version of Jira and Script runner are you using? We frequently have problems with the rename script not changing the group associations or the names in custom user picker fields. Can you maybe define the error page the user gets when trying to log in? Try removing the user from all its groups before doing the rename then readding them.

Deleted user January 19, 2014

Thanks for your reponse.

We're running script runner 2.1.15 with Jira 6.0.8 (build 6109).

• As admin, when I click on the newly changed user ID in the user list I get a standard brower "This web page is not available" message displayed. If I hover over the user ID I get a mesage saying "User does not exist: AXD. See attached screenshot (below). You'll also see that the user's image has disappeared

• If the user then tries to log in with their new ID they get the following error message...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events