SVN to stash, how to rebase?

Alan Keister March 7, 2013

I did an initial import from SVN using the addon into an empty repo. Is there a way I can rebase; fetch the updates in SVN and get them into Stash/Git?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Hello Alan,

Unfortunately, version 1.0.x does not support that functionality. Currently we're working on Stash plugin that supports bi-directional synchronization between Stash Git repositories and SVN repositories.

We have already implemented that in our product called SubGit. Here's the description how one can use SubGit with Stash:

http://lists.tmatesoft.com/pipermail/subgit-users/2012-December/000042.html

In order to get status updates consider following us at twitter: @subgit or subscribing to our mailing list: subgit-users-subscribe@subgit.com

Alan Keister March 7, 2013

Thanks. Since I can configure subgit to use the Stash repo, can I configure subgit to pull from SVN but not push?

Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

What should happen when someone pushes changes to Git branch foo, and someone else commits anything to branches/foo? Should ongoing import from SVN to Git rewrite pushed commits?

SubGit does not support this kind of one-way synchronization explicitly. However, you can setup such a pre-receive hook that rejects any pushes to Git branches synchronized with SVN.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events