Roll up synchronization not working as expected when a new Sub Issue is created

Hi All,

It would be of great value in solving the below problem i encountered while using structure

Say I have a Parent Issue P1, I have two sub issues SP1 and SP2. I moved the sub Issue status( SP1 and SP2) from OPEN to IN PROGRESS, the parent issue also automatically migrated to the IN PROGRESS status, now I introduced a new sub issue SP3 under P1, which is currently under status OPEN. Based on roll up, the parent issue should change its status automatically back to OPEN, since one of the sub issues status is still OPEN,unfortunately it is still under IN PROGRESS status.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Aby,

Sorry I missed your question earlier. There are a few reasons why this may happen - for example, if your workflow requires some additional data to be entered when "Stop Progress" action is invoked. Check if the parent issue P1 can be easily moved to OPEN status without any additional data.

If you still need help with this, please write to support@almworks.comor open a ticket in our JIRA at https://jira.almworks.com. Please include the versions of your JIRA and Structure plugin, a screenshot of the structure with statuses visible, and a screenshot of the Status Rollup synchronizer settings page.

Kind regards,
Igor

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,443 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you