Reindexing the repository

Rick Schultz January 12, 2014

We have several changesets that got linked in the past to JIRA issues. Doing them one at a time with named reindex feature isn't practical. How would I rerun the index from an initial changeset number to refresh all of the links?

Thanks,

Rick

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

You can clear repository, then it'll remove all changesets. Once cleared scanning will start from the initial point configured in TFS repository settings.

Note that depending on number of comits it may take quite some time.

Rick Schultz January 12, 2014

So by 'quite some time', can you quantify that a bit more? When I restarted JIRA, the reindexer ran, but only got through the first 100 changesets. Doesn't seem to have ran again after that one time (8 hours ago). The RevisionIndexService is set to the default delay of 0. Scan Rate and Max Files Scanned properties are out of the box.

Tried the Force Run to no avail. Is there something I'm missing in tuning this? We are on TFS 2012. Please advise on our next course to get the remaining changesets

Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

OK, that's for sure too long. I mean in total to rescan all changesets it can take long time (and it really depends on settings, total count of changesets to process, total number of files modified in changesets, etc.). It can take hours, days... but you should see the progress every couple of minutes.

Can you verify that license is OK now? Does the date of last run update (automatically or by force run)? Could you check logs?

0 votes
Rick Schultz January 26, 2014

The restart jarred it loose and moved it along. setting up verbose logging did not show any issues. The prior licensing issue hasn't re-occurred.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events