Quantifying a "reference type" relation

Carme Marí
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2017

Hello.
I am testing Insight add-on to implement a CMDB and a Service Catalog in case it fits our requirements.

According to your documentation, I can create a relation between objects, for instance: one Service object type is offered by different servers, and I can create a relation between them and assign them a "Reference Type".
An example: a web (corporative-page) service is related with three servers: one back-end (relation type: dependent) and two front-ends (relation type: redundant).
Ok.

My question is:

• Can I know when a service is down from each server's status information?

The back-end server down means service is down.
One front-end down, doesn't (service is still up).
Two front-ends down, service is down too.

Can I assign a % value for dependence / redundancy / partitioned at the relation between both objects (service / server) meaning impact on the service deffined over the server components?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Carme.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Hi Carme,

If you look at the screenshot, I'm filtering my object type Person using IQL, to find where I have a Person, that has a Computer which Status is Active. And the popup shown is when I hover the Object referenced. 

in the IQL it's currently not possible to use an count() function, as an example to count the numbers of servers that are active or down, but that is something that we plan to implement in the future.

example.png

Can I assign a % value for dependence / redundancy / partitioned at the relation between both objects (service / server) meaning impact on the service deffined over the server components?

This is not possible as of today, or at least in that sense that it will affect any other attribute value. It is possible to set a float or integer value that represents an %. And then using automation and groovy script, you could listen to changes on the object and react accordingly, updating attributes etc.

You could read more about that in our documentation at: 

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events