QaSpace Test Library Status Update

David L Gilbert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2016

Hi,

We have just finished our first sprint using QaSpace for our test management, and by and large we like it quite a bit.  However, I expected that as we created test runs, and ran them, and set the status of the tests to Passed and Failed, that the most recent run status would also update the main status in the Test Library.  This is not happening.  Are my expectations incorrect?  Is there something we need to do or configure to allow this automatic update to happen?

Thank you,

David Gilbert

1 answer

0 votes
Laszlo Kosa June 19, 2016

Hello David,

The Test Library is technically a stand-alone test run. Simple projects that don't need test runs can track the statuses of tests in the library itself, so the status there is independent of the statuses of test runs.

This is the first time anyone suggested the updating of the library status from test runs - usually projects simply look at the latest test run for statistics. 

While updating the library status automatically is not very complex (can be solved with a trigger), configuring this feature for separate projects can be problematic, and it could also decrease the performance of mass operations.

We can implement this feature as priorities allow - please visit http://xpmc.uservoice.com/ and enter it as a new idea, so others can upvote it. Our priorities are influenced by the votes on ideas there.

Thank You:

Laszlo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events