Profields Add on in Jira

Leena Bakshi September 28, 2017

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading jira and I found out that we are no longer using Profields in our setup( server). Now in new version I am planning to not to go with Profields.. I ll upgrade it / install it but plan to remove it later. 

My question is would it affect my previous projects that were built using Profields in the past in any way.. If I try to pull up those projects up? Or if there are any projects that are still live and were created using profield.

In Schemes page I see our 100s of projects listed there under ACTIVE. will these be affected?

Under Field Manager page I see that there are few custom fields that have green checkmark next to them. How will these  be affected?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Hi @Leena Bakshi

If you uninstall an app, just will lost the app features, not Jira default features.

Regards!

Leena Bakshi February 14, 2018

If I disable the add on.. I immediately get error 500 for custom feild being missing.. thats why I m hesitant to uninstall it.

Thanks

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Did you reindex the instance after disabled the app?

Leena Bakshi February 14, 2018

I couldnt reach the reindex page.. because the moment I clicked on "system" I got error 500.. and thats why I was wondering if there was any other way of doing it..

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

And, did you try to restart Jira after disabled the app? Or try to remove Profields  customfields and after that disable the app...

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

@Leena Bakshiif you keep having troubles, you can open a ticket in ours support platform: https://jira.deiser.com/support

Leena Bakshi February 15, 2018

Sure, Thanks a lot.. I ll try it in our dev as its been 3 months we are running this setup in our prod. And I am kinda afraid to make any changes.. I ll open the ticket with support.. Thanks a lot for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events