Plugins is not available for JIRA 5.2

Hi, recently i just updated JIRA 4.2 to 5.2 (now it is on testing phase) and the below plugins cannot be found for JIRA 5.2:

- jira-order-plugin

- RPC JIRA Plugin

How to check if JIRA 5.2 has already included this plugin into JIRA package?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

RPC JIRA plugin is included in JIRA default package plugin.

How about jira-order-plugin? is there any work around?

0 votes

It is a third party plugin - not available for JIRA 5.2. You might want to upgrade it!

Compile it with the new version, fix errors if any!

How to upgrade an plugin?

can kindly provide link or something? thanks for the response and sorry that i am not expert in plugins developing.

0 votes

It is a third party plugin - not available for JIRA 5.2. You might want to upgrade it!

0 votes

The marketplace holds a matrix of what versions of plugins are available for what version of Jira. The vendors of a plugin maintain this matrix when they update their plugins.

Your options are:

1. Download the plugin and install it manually, and hope it works - just because a plugin doesn't yet say 5.2 on it (Which stops the UPM installing it) doesn't mean things have changed enough to stop it working.
  2. Wait for a vendor update
  3. If there is source code available, download it, and recompile the plugin yourself for the new version. Have a look at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Developer+Documentation and https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Plugin+Guide

Thx Nic! It is really helpful. Thx Jobin too.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

324 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you