Notify Users of Updated Addon Compatibility

Carolyn Van Slyck May 20, 2014

How do I notify users/watchers of my plugin that it is now compatible with the latest version of Stash? A few users requested that my addon listing be updated to support Stash 3.0.1. My addon listing was set to 3.0.0 because that was the max available when I created the version.

After receiving the email below, I updated the existing version's compatibility. Now how do I let those users know that they can now download the addon? I did not have to upload a new version and bumping the compatibility doens't appear to message the watchers of a plugin.

Is there anything I can do to reply back to these users requests or do I simply have to hope that they check back again?

Hi there,

A user requested a compatibility update for Force Field version 1.1 so they can use it with their Stash instance.

Details
This user has Stash version 3.0.1. This version is listed as incompatible with your add-on.

Cheers,
The Marketplace Team

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2014

Hi Carolyn,

If you release a new version, anyone watching your add-on will receive an email notification. However, if you have only updated the compatibility range for an existing version, we don't send any notification.

The situation with Stash 3.0.1 was an exception, rather than the rule. Typically, we will automatically update your add-on for all micro releases of Atlassian products (i.e. we assume your add-on does not break when Stash goes from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2). We (the Atlassian Marketplace team) will work with the Stash team to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Cheers,

Dave

Carolyn Van Slyck May 20, 2014

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that the marketplace listing normally would auto-incremnt my plugin's compatibility, very cool!

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Carolyn,

this is not possible. It is the duty of the administrator to look regularly for updates and compatiblity changes.

I hope that Atlassian will extend the messaging center, so every user can decide that he want to be informed when changes occurs (e.g. compatibility changed).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events