No templates shown in Outgoing Email Template Editor for JIRA

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

After installing this all I see is:

HTML Templates
Text Templates
Subject Templates
With no templates listed. Is there anything else needed to get these to show?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petr Musil December 18, 2013

Hi Matt,

I try to find something new and there is a bug on Atlassian labs: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/jira-outgoing-email-editor/issue/1/no-templates-showing-to-edit. This is exactly your case. So we can only hope, that developers solve it soon.

Petr

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Lets see what that brings. Thanks

0 votes
amjad abdullah May 3, 2014

hi,

im having the same problem, ive tried chrome, IE and firefox, i even gave access to "Everyone" on the email folder but still the same issue, did you find a solution for that?

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014
0 votes
Petr Musil December 15, 2013

:-) Sorry for bad description. I mean account on server created on installation. It could be "jira" and "jira should be owner of Templates directory and subdirectories and must have rights for reading and etc. But if you reninstall whole Jira app, the reinstallation process creates new directory tree and set all rights as new. So this is very interesting issue.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

I've also noticed when selecting the 'Email Editor' link, the 2 icons for Help and Administration (top right corner)dissappear.

0 votes
Petr Musil December 11, 2013

I assume, that you use a Standalone version. If yes can you cehck if there are the templates located on server in /srv/JIRA install dir/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email? You should see HTML and Text directory and there should be ".vm" files. If not, you probably need to reinstall JIRA. I don't know if will be enough to simply copy templates to these directories.

We are using 6.1.2 too and no problem with missing templates.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2013

Yes we are using stand alone - I checked the directories and all of our templates are present in both folders.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

I have tried re-installing Jira (to new v6.1.5) and still no luck.

Petr Musil December 16, 2013

I've just finished installation of jira 6.1.5 standalone from scratch and then installed email editor. The result is, that all of HTML, Text and Subject templates are visible and accessible. Can you find in jira logs some information about email editor error? Or can you check what permissions are set on templates directory /WEB-INF/classes/templates? We are using Owner "jira" and Group name "jira". This owner has permission to read/write, execute/search and we have allowed read by others and execute/search by others. If yours permissions are the same, raise the ticket to atlassian.

One Idea. I tested visibility with IE, Firefox and Chrome - all latest versions. Visibility is OK on all used browsers. But using Chrome and Firefox was not visible Help and Administration Icon, as you described above. But it has no impact on Email Editor functionality. All templates are visible. What browser are you using?

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

I am using Firefox (latest version) and also tried IE 9, neither work. Guess we are going to have to live without this as this is not supported via Atlassian..

Not sure we want, or should have to change permissions on any of the basic installation folders either.

Thanks for the help in trying to resolve.

OK :-) you can still change email template on server directly. Email Editor only brink this templates to jira webside but if you do some changes in email template, you have to still restart jira server.

0 votes
Petr Musil December 10, 2013

Hi matt,

normally not. Maybe you should try to disable and enable plugin or restart Jira server. In Jira 6.1 is this editor included and is not necessary to install it individually. What version of Jira do you have?

Petr

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2013

Hi,

I tried restarting and re-installing it, still no luck.

I'm using v6.1.2

Petr Musil December 15, 2013

If has "JIRA" group or member rights for read on the server and you don't change it using "chmod" or "chown", there is no reason to not show the templates in web administration. You should raise ticket to attlassian for some help. :-(

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013

Which Jira group are you referring to? We use LDAP user validation for the accounts...

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

I have now also re-installed Jira v6.1.5 from scratch, with new DB too and the email editior is not showing. Is there anything else that needs to be enabled? Seems there may be a bigger issues with this then?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events