Mapping of Testcase Summary Name to TestMethod Name ?

lakshman lakshman October 11, 2017

Hi,

I was able to update the testcase statusses in Zephyr for Jira testcases using 'Zephyr for Jira Test Management' plugin running my autoamtion scripts in Jenkins, if only the Testcase Summary Name in Zephyr matches the same to PackagName.TestClassName.TestCaseName in XML test result file.

What if the Zephyr TestCase Summary Name is different compared to XML test result file test case name. How do I map the result file to update the statusses

1. Do I need a post-build action with any shell/python script to change the testcase names in results file to match to Zephyr testcase names ?

2. Does ZAPI API has something in place to acheive this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran October 16, 2017

Hi Lakshman

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.

"I was able to update the testcase statusses in Zephyr for Jira testcases using 'Zephyr for Jira Test Management' plugin running my autoamtion scripts in Jenkins, if only the Testcase Summary Name in Zephyr matches the same to PackagName.TestClassName.TestCaseName in XML test result file." -->Please note this is the default behaviour   of our Zephyr for Jira- Jenkins plugin.

For the requirement of mapping the result when the Tes Case summary name is different compared to XML, , please not this plugin of ours in open source as we wanted our users to just kick off from this plugin with regards to automation and using our ZAPI rest APIs to  modify it as per their requirement.We would suggest to take your or any development team's expertise in modifying the code base as per your requirement

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events