MSQ-19 - Bug - javascript error when trying to use Copy Project build-in Script

Frederico Silva Guimaraes February 2, 2015

MSQ-19 - Bug - javascript error when trying to use Copy Project built-in Script

Hi

I just installed the plugin, and the first thing I tried to do was to copy a Project.
I tried on Firefox and Chrome on windows and in both happend a javascript error.

After filled the fields "Source project", "Target project key", "Target project name" and checked "Copy project-specific dashboard and filters", I clicked on Preview, the "loading gif" appeared for 1-2 seconds then nothing happened. Clicked on Run, and the same thing happened ("loading gif" appeared for 1-2 seconds then nothing happened.)

Looking at the Browser JavaScript Debugger, I saw that some errors happened.

• Chrome (version 40.0.2214.93 m)

post to: /jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject/preview
    batch.js?locale=en-US:177 POST https://intranet.mindsatwork.com.br/jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject/preview 500 (Internal Server Error)batch.js?locale=en-US:177 d.support.ajax.d.ajaxTransport.sendbatch.js?locale=en-US:171 d.extend.ajaxscriptrunner.js:659 runScriptbatch.js?locale=en-US:84 d.event.dispatchbatch.js?locale=en-US:76 d.event.add.g.handle.i
    scriptrunner.js:129 deal with canned script validation errors or failure
    scriptrunner.js:159 Error in field that is not on screen....scriptrunner.js:159 handleErrorsscriptrunner.js:691 ScriptRunner.Base.jQuery.ajax.errorbatch.js?locale=en-US:40 d.Callbacks.jbatch.js?locale=en-US:42 d.Callbacks.o.fireWithbatch.js?locale=en-US:166 cbatch.js?locale=en-US:178 d.support.ajax.d.ajaxTransport.send.b
    scriptrunner.js:657 post to: /jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject
    batch.js?locale=en-US:177 POST https://intranet.mindsatwork.com.br/jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject 500 (Internal Server Error)batch.js?locale=en-US:177 d.support.ajax.d.ajaxTransport.sendbatch.js?locale=en-US:171 d.extend.ajaxscriptrunner.js:659 runScriptbatch.js?locale=en-US:84 d.event.dispatchbatch.js?locale=en-US:76 d.event.add.g.handle.i
    scriptrunner.js:129 deal with canned script validation errors or failure
    scriptrunner.js:159 Error in field that is not on screen....scriptrunner.js:159 handleErrorsscriptrunner.js:691 ScriptRunner.Base.jQuery.ajax.errorbatch.js?locale=en-US:40 d.Callbacks.jbatch.js?locale=en-US:42 d.Callbacks.o.fireWithbatch.js?locale=en-US:166 cbatch.js?locale=en-US:178 d.support.ajax.d.ajaxTransport.send.b
  • Firefox (version 35.0.1)

"post to: /jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject/preview" scriptrunner.js:657
    POST https://intranet.mindsatwork.com.br/jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject/preview [HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 78ms]
    "deal with canned script validation errors or failure" scriptrunner.js:129
    "Error in field that is not on screen...." scriptrunner.js:159
    handleErrors() scriptrunner.js:159
    runScript/<.error() scriptrunner.js:691
    d.Callbacks/j() batch.js:40
    d.Callbacks/o.fireWith() batch.js:42
    c() batch.js:166
    .send/b() batch.js:178
    "post to: /jira/rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject" scriptrunner.js:657
    "deal with canned script validation errors or failure" scriptrunner.js:129
    "Error in field that is not on screen...." scriptrunner.js:159
    handleErrors() scriptrunner.js:159
    runScript/<.error() scriptrunner.js:691
    d.Callbacks/j() batch.js:40
    d.Callbacks/o.fireWith() batch.js:42
    c() batch.js:166
    .send/b() batch.js:178

2 answers

0 votes
JasonT December 29, 2015

I ran into the same problem with the same options selected. Looking at the network tab in dev tools (Chrome) revealed the following error: "You can't copy dashboard and filters unless you also copy versions." I checked the option to copy versions and was the able to preview and run the process.

This might come a bit late, but good luck all the same.

-Jason

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

What options are you selecting when copying the project?

Are they are any errors in the server log (atlassian-jira.log)?

Frederico Silva Guimaraes February 4, 2015

Hi

1 - I just fill  "Source project", "Target project key", "Target project name" and checked "Copy project-specific dashboard and filters". All other fields are empty/unchecked

2 -  nothing is logged on atlassian-jira.log sad

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

can you provide version info, plugin and jira.

Frederico Silva Guimaraes February 4, 2015

Hi Jira: v6.3.12 Plugins: - All comments custom field type: 1.1.0 - JIRA Agile: 6.6.41 - Hide Time Tracking for JIRA: 1.1.3 - Script Runner: 3.0.7

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events