Linking Zendesk ticket with existing JIRA issue overwrites Summary and Description in JIRA

Ondrej Matejka May 12, 2013

Linking Zendesk ticket with existing JIRA issue overwrites all in Summary and Description fields in the existing JIRA issue including the whole history.

Is there a simple way to avoid this with existing issues? Can not the existin issue comment history only be synced back to Zendesk instead of being overwritten? Or just be left alone and sync all AFTER the linking?

Thanks a lot,

Ondrej

3 answers

0 votes
Jean van Zweeden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2014

Ok thanks Ondrej. Up until last week, we had no problems but suddenly we are encountering this problem. Looks like we are going to have to do the same as you have done.

Thanks.

Jean

0 votes
Ondrej Matejka March 18, 2014

Hi Jean,

unfortunately no, we simply try to prevent linking with existing JIRA issues in this way... we have created a different custom field with simple link to a JIRA issue instead for these.

Cheers,

Ondrej

0 votes
Jean van Zweeden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2014

Ondrej

We are experiencing the same problems. Did you get a resolution?

Thanks.

Jean

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events