Language Plugin for public space

Deleted user March 20, 2013

When reading I came across this: " The user sees content only in the language which is set in the user settings."

Does someone know what happens to the language settings when you have a public space available for anynomous users who don't need to login and thus don't have a language setting? Can these users just choose between the available laguages?

2 answers

0 votes
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Eva,

The plugin will revert to the browser's language setting for anonymous users and if there is no macro matching the browser's language it will fall back to the site's default language.

Though the users won't be able to choose between the available languages.

Hope this helps

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Hi Eva,

I'm not certain about this but I'm fairly sure the Language Plugin actually reads the default language form the browser rather than the application, would allow it to also work with anonymous users but I'm sorry to say that you would need to test whether this is the case to be sure.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events