JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy doesn't work with Zephyr

Ian Mayoh March 14, 2013

Test case details in a Zephyr test case (i.e. test steps) do not get copied. This is the main advantage that we see for this plugin, i.e. copying test cases from project to project, but without the test steps, this is of no value. Any chance that this could be looked into?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hi Ian,

Currenlty the bulk clone option of Zephyr Test Cases from one project to another project works as you observed. You can clone one at a time via the "Clone" button inside a testcase and then move the clone to another project via the Issue Navigator area.

We will consider adding this feature in a future release.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
Tancred
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2015

I would add copying everything except execution status.  For example if you clone a Test-Cycle, you would want the Issues associated from the previous Test-Cycle. 

0 votes
Li March 12, 2014

I have the same problem. When I bulk clone a list of Zephyr test cases in JIRA, the test steps are not cloned. This makes the bulk clone function useless. I want to clone over 50 test cases in one go and move them to a different project.

I would like to vote the bulk clone feature for Zehpyr test cases.

0 votes
Susan Stephens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2013

Hi Chris, I'm having trouble with the Clone feature as well. It does not clone the test steps in my installation. I thought there was related issue when an indexing error was resolved by (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Re-Indexing+fails+with+java.lang.NullPointerException+on+Link+Type+Indexing). I have just upgraded to jira 6.2, and used that page to correct the indexing problems and added an issuelinktype.ID of 10003 with the value Relates.... and still when I clone a test case, the test steps are not in the cloned issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events