• Community
  • Products
  • Apps & Integrations
  • Questions
  • Is the Dynamic Select field supposed to be able to be inline editable on the view screen? I just converted some single select fields to dynamic select, restarted, re-indexed and they are on the Edit screen but they are not editable on the view screen?

Is the Dynamic Select field supposed to be able to be inline editable on the view screen? I just converted some single select fields to dynamic select, restarted, re-indexed and they are on the Edit screen but they are not editable on the view screen?

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Are dynamic select fields inline editable on the view screen if they are also on the edit screen?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2016

Hi Andrew,

possibility to inline edit on view screen has been blocked in plugin because it shows fields based on selected value. Shown fields usually doesn't contain value in beggining and empty fields are not shown on view screen. So you still need edit screen. Second reason is that you can't edit 2 fields on view screen and if related field is required you will not able to execute operation of inline editing.

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2016

So is this a final decision on functionality or will it ever be "unblocked"?

Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2016

If Atlassian add possibility to edit 2 fields in the same time on view screen this feature can be added. Without it, plugin won't work properly.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events