Is it possible to make only one user of a group a mandatory reviewer?

As I understand, standard Workzone functionality allows to specify a group as a mandatory reviewer of a particular branch.

So, a question about groups functionality: is it possible that by specifying a group as a mandatory reviewer having only one member of this group (and not all of them) assigned to a particular PR is enough?

E.g., there're a group A (contains users aa and aaa) and a group B (contains users bb and bbb).

Can I specify groups A and B as mandatory reviewers for a branch X, so that having only aa and bbb as reviewers of a particular PR (directed to X) is enough? Or I'll need to add aaa and bb as well in this case?

1 answer

Hi Alex,

I understand that you need a subset of members (or just a single member) of a group to be added as reviewers to a PR.

This is not possible. If you want to add selected users, you can only specify them as users.

If you're after an option to specify groups as reviewers but have only a subset (or one) user of each group approve a Pull Request before it can be merged - The best way to do this is 

1. Enforce merge conditions (set in global workzone admin)
  2. Define groups as reviewers (not as mandatory reviewers)
  3. Define an auto-merge condition with a group quota of 1 (ore more)

see also https://bitbucket.org/izymesdev/workzone/issues/119/allow-a-percentage-or-number-of-mandatory#comment-18173858

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

179 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you