Is it possible to make only one user of a group a mandatory reviewer?

Alexander
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 25, 2015

As I understand, standard Workzone functionality allows to specify a group as a mandatory reviewer of a particular branch.

So, a question about groups functionality: is it possible that by specifying a group as a mandatory reviewer having only one member of this group (and not all of them) assigned to a particular PR is enough?

E.g., there're a group A (contains users aa and aaa) and a group B (contains users bb and bbb).

Can I specify groups A and B as mandatory reviewers for a branch X, so that having only aa and bbb as reviewers of a particular PR (directed to X) is enough? Or I'll need to add aaa and bb as well in this case?

1 answer

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesDev_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

Hi Alex,

I understand that you need a subset of members (or just a single member) of a group to be added as reviewers to a PR.

This is not possible. If you want to add selected users, you can only specify them as users.

If you're after an option to specify groups as reviewers but have only a subset (or one) user of each group approve a Pull Request before it can be merged - The best way to do this is 

1. Enforce merge conditions (set in global workzone admin)
  2. Define groups as reviewers (not as mandatory reviewers)
  3. Define an auto-merge condition with a group quota of 1 (ore more)

see also https://bitbucket.org/izymesdev/workzone/issues/119/allow-a-percentage-or-number-of-mandatory#comment-18173858

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events