Is it possible in plugin to monitor Summary field input value change?

Hi, I want to implement a plugin to monitor the summary field value change, search the similar tickets base on the inputed value in the summary field in current project.

One more requirement, i want to implement this via web service, does anyone know the JIRA web service interface and the wiki web service interface, that is appropriate.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

You can monitor this change in a JIRA listener but I don't understand what you mean by implement via web service. Can you explain?

If you mean remote API, you won't be able to listen on changes using Remote API but you might be able to pull changes at every specified interval.

Hi Jobin, thanks very much for your reply. could you please tell me more detail about this listener?

is it context listener or other listener?

My purpose of Web Service is that I want to search out similar tickets from the same project with the value typed in the Summary field, so the search method I plan to use is via JIRA web service. wish it clear.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Listeners

See the tutorial at the end of that document

Regarding searching similar issues, you can do that from the plugin itself using searchService.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+JIRA+Issue+CRUD+and+Search

Sorry, can you explain more? Why is it not possible?

Hi Jobin, I am not sure whether it is possible to implement this when creating issue with listener.thanks!!

I see. That wasn't clear to me. Makes sense now.

Well, then you are looking at Suggestimate. Jamie had a solution too. You can check if it works with your version.

Hi Jobin, i want implement this before clicking on *Create* button, not after.

Exactly, it is what I want, thanks you so much!!!!!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

290 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you