Internal error in UseTFS - Associate JIRA issues.

Chris C.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2014

One of our developers who was previously able to associate check-ins with JIRA issues now encounters the following message in the Visual Studio (2013) Pending Changes window's Policy Warnings section:

The following check-in policies were not satisfied

Internal error in UseTFS - Associate JIRA issues. Error loading the UseTFS - Associate JIRA issues policy (The policy assembly 'Pigsty.UseTFS.CheckinPolicy, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture-neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not registered.) Installation instructions: Help.

He has tried uninstalling UseTFS, rebooting, and reinstalling UseTFS, but continues to receive this same error.  Other developers who are checking into the same TFS team project (on the same TFS server) are not receiving this message.  Our network team reports no changes have occurred on the TFS server.  Any suggestions?

3 answers

2 votes
Deleted user January 7, 2015

As it turns out, on my machine where in the XML I pasted the XML nodes affected whether or not this worked.  I had pasted the XML nodes at the top under the <assemblyBinding> tag and it would not work.  But if I move it down to the bottom nearly the </assemblyBinding> it did start working again.  I tested this with another developer and it worked fine on their machine regardless of where in the assemblyBinding node they pasted the XML nodes.

0 votes
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

Hi,

Just to make sure that the developer followed installation instructions at https://bitbucket.org/pigsty/usetfs/wiki/Checkin%20policy i.e. modified devenv.exe.config file?

The message points directly to this particular workstation setup - TFS server requires check-in policy but Visual Studio for some reason cannot load the DLLs (that must be localy available).

0 votes
Deleted user December 19, 2014

This sounds like a bad problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events