Insight: Is the label-attribute the only one that can be a custom field in Jira Service Desk?

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

In the plug-in Insight I have an object type Computer with the atributes "Name" (which is the Label), and "Serial Number" which is a text field.

When my customers creates a ticket regarding a faulty computer, they do not know the name of the computer, only the serial number. Can I not have this attribute as a custom field/searchable attribute in Jira Service Desk?

Ideally, I would like that when I typed something in the custom field, it searched in both attributes.

(I can not see that the documentation says anything about a custom field is limited to labels.)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mathias Edblom March 8, 2018

Hi Johannes,

Today, we only support the "Label" to search on custom fields, but with the object picker, you have an "Any Attribute" search on the top right to use.

However, we have a lot of feedback around this and will change this in the future, where you will be able to specify the attributes that should be valid for search.

Cheers //Mathias

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Thanks,

Guess we have to combine the name and serial number in the label field to make this as flexible as we need.

Looking forward to the new feature!

Like Trina Washington likes this
Steve Letch June 14, 2019

I'm currently trying to import a CSV that contains devices with firstname.lastname users that the device is assigned to. What I really want to do is have the import automatically match up the firstname.lastname from the csv to the User Insight objects created from the Jira user import. This will mean when a customer creates a ticket in the Service Desk we can have an insight field automatically fill in based on the reporter.

Proving quite difficult to match up 

Like Adolfo Almaraz likes this
0 votes
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

Hi @Johannes Buverud,

I hope, i understand your question right. You want to add a custom field serial number in Jira Service Desk. This is possible. :) You just need to switch in your Service Desk project and to add that field in your request type. 

Best, 

Nic

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

Hi Nicolas,

What I am talking about is adding a custom field from the Insight plug-in where it allready exist as an attribute on an object type.

Like Mark McCubbin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events