I am unable to save a Regular Expression string in the PocketQuery Macro

Craig Day November 3, 2017

I have a SQL query that expects a regular expression string. The query works fine.

I have created a PocketQuery query that accepts a string variable which is the regular expression.

When I insert the PocketQuery macro, I can type in the expression and the query works just fine.

If I try to save the macro settings then Confluence appears to hang, the page never saves, and then inevitably I refresh the page and the macro never saved the settings.

Even editing the page source doesn't work.

Do I need to escape the string or something in order for Confluence to save it? I don't really understand what it is trying to do and why it works in the macro preview but not when I try to save the parameters to the page. 

Works in preview: Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.46.22 PM.png

Doesn't work whenI try to save:

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.46.40 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2017

Hi! 

What about debug mode? 

Any errors? 

Kindly try to use enable dynamic parameter and set parameter on macro level.

Cheers,

Gonchik

Craig Day November 6, 2017

Enabling the dynamic parameter appears to have resolved the issue. 

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2017

Hey Nick,

great to see that you found a solution to your problem already!

Next time you need help don't hesitate to contact us directly at our service desk for PocketQuery though, where you will get answers way faster than by posting a community question.

Thank you for using PocketQuery!

Best regards,
Sven (Scandio)

0 votes
Craig Day November 6, 2017

resolved

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events