How to use exchange rates with "add expense" function inside issue?

Vasiliy Kovalev April 8, 2019

Hello,

https://www.tempo.io/blog/2016/centralized-exchange-rates-in-tempo-folio - according to this tutorial there is a possibility to make automate exchange rate when you are booking an actual or planned expense. 

The question is how to make automate exchange when you "add an expense" inside issue?  

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

Hi @Vasiliy Kovalev

As the blog mentions, this can be done for expenses that have been added to a Folio ( in Tempo Budgets). It can not be done for expenses that are made directly on an issue.

The expenses made on an issue follow the currency that has been set for the Price tables. Please take a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/372998339/To+set+price+rates+in+Tempo+Timesheets+for+Server for more information.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Vasiliy Kovalev April 8, 2019

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

Thank you for your answer, bud I'd like to add some conditions:

For example, I have a list of issues in one project. Each Issue has some planned amount as a dight and each issue has the custom field "Currency" = USD or EUR. Each issue was made to be a payment request for something (license, PC, MacBook, iPhone, etc.) I have portfolio i.e. with default currency USD. And I'd like to have automatic currency exchange in the folio for each issue that has EUR currency in the custom field when I "add expense" and define an actual amount. 

Is it possible? 

In your tutorial, I see that this solution is to define rates for stuff roles. 

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi @Vasiliy Kovalev 

this is not possible in the current version of Tempo Budgets. 

You might consider creating a feature request for this in our Tempo support system (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so I can forward it to the product management team.

Regards,

Susanne

Like Vasiliy Kovalev likes this
Vasiliy Kovalev April 9, 2019

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

I don't know what exactly influenced to result, but I've done something as I need. currency-exchange-rate.pngLook at the picture. Now all my added expenses exchanged from BYN to USD. 
But:

1. First of all, the currency was USD instead of BYN. I can't change it back and don't know how it was changed. 
  2. My project (TC) still has a custom field Currency = USD and dight plan amount field.
  3. My portfolio and folio have default Currency USD in Settings-Accounting.
  4. This rule now applied for all my portfolios and folios, but I'd like to manage it.

What was done:  

1. REST API POST to /rest/tempo-planning/1/exchangerate with json
{
 "sourceCurrency": {
 "code": "BYN",
 "symbol": "p.",
 "description": "BYN Belarus Ruble (p.)"
 },
 "targetCurrency": {
 "code": "USD",
 "symbol": "$",
 "description": "USD United States Dollar ($)"
 },
 "rate": 0.469,
 "isCurrent": true
 }

But it only adds the currency exchange rate and didn't help me before.  Maybe I mistake.

2. I changed Currency in Price table from USD to BYN and back. 

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2019

Hi @Vasiliy Kovalev ,

The expense on the Issue should not be editable in this view ( as the information box in your screenshot says). 

Is it possible that the view has not yet been updated with the backchange to USD?

Regards,
Susanne

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

Yes, you are right! The view has not yet been updated with the backchange to USD. 

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

I have an unusual solution, and it works for two currencies. 

But this feature will be helpful in the future. 

Thank you for ideas.

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

I made a feature request https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6/TCS-9612

Could you please forward it to the product management team?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events