How to sync a subtask on Jira A to task on Jira B

Pall Bjornsson January 24, 2018

I'm using v1.8.1 of the addon, under Jira v7.7.0

I have set up connections A and B, both in the same Jira instance, different projects. Both of the projects use the same workflow.

I want fully manual selection of synced issues so none of the contracts created have the created event set.

I want bidirectional sync capability for all used issue types; bug, task and subtask.

The bug and task are trivial to create contracts for.

The subtask I set up such that on A I set up a contract on SubTask type and have it linked to B's Task type contract. Same with B's Subtask type, I have it linked to A's Task type contract.

This partially works. When clicking the "Create Remote" buttin within the issue in A's project, an issue is created in B. The issue in B shows correct remote information, but on the source issue A, the remote status never updates. 

Checking the Monitoring, I see an error message on IN queue type for A, showing:

Error processing response: remote Issue: TD-44, Contract id: HUGB-TD-Task

Not sure what to do on this one and if this is the correct approach to sync a subtask in A to task in B ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin_Kokoszka January 25, 2018

Hi Pall,

I am responsible for IssueSYNC development and support in InTENSO. 

I have verified your case and it's working correctly on my test JIRA instance, so I would need to have more data to help you diagnose the cause.

I understood you are synchronizing subtask -> task, which is good approach when your process requires subtask creation first. (you will not be able to create subtask without a parent task, so new issue creation task -> subtask has to fail). 

My recommendation is to match task <-> task and subtask <-> subtask. In this approach you just need to ensure task (parent) has been already created in remote JIRA instance (setting CREATE trigger on "issue created event" is just enough).

If you want to dig into the details of your error please check atlassian-jira.log and synchronizer .log also. 

For further support please contact us trough our customer portal

0 votes
Pall Bjornsson January 25, 2018

Hi Marcin,

I will contact you through your customer portal tomorrow.

Actually, I did report this as a bug through there as well today, but I didn't create an account yet (I just missed seeing the Login button top right) and I reported this through my home connection.

I will sign up an account tomorrow and report this under my credentials. 

For the record though, no automatic selection of issues to sync will be used, it will all be manual through the "Create Remote" button. Syncing individual subtasks is a requirement and I we do not want the parent to go with it. The process "almost" works. The remote is created sucessfully but apparently when remote's respons is being processed, the error is hit. The Remote issue is created sucessfully and the link works but the local's (source) issue status is not updated to show that a remote exists.

Palli

Páll Björnsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2018

Updated support request SUPPORT-20161 with details on the problem, via your customer portal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events