How to link a few levels automatically in a structure?

Lior weizman December 5, 2018
I have a few issue types in my project, and I want my structure to be automated in a way that every issue that links to another issue by “is child of” connection will be under the father issue. My problem is that I couldn’t found a way to make it in few levels, for example, issue4 is under issue3 is under issue2 is under issue1 and every issue is linked before to be the child of the issue above them.
How do I do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2018

Hi Lior,

Thanks for posting!

The Automation Feature in Structure will allow you to obtain to the desired Hierarchy.

It seems you've been able to add the Root Issue but just in case you did it by drag and drop, I'll mention that you can also start by Inserting it:

Automation > + > Insert > JQL Query: Ex: Type = Epic and Project = YourProject 

Then, you will want to use Extenders (one for each additional level) to display Linked Issues in your structure. You can do so by going to Automation > + >Extend > Linked Issues 

All available Link Types in Jira will be presented as an option. You will also get a chance to set the Link Direction and Extend Levels for each Extender.

Note: Please always make sure you're focusing on the top level of your structure (the row with your structure's name will be highlighted in blue) to ensure that the Generators are being properly applied to the whole structure.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Our Support Team can also be reached through our Service Desk portal by emailing support@almworks.com.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Support Team [ALM Works] December 27, 2018

Hi Lior,

Just checking in to see if my reply was helpful. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events