How to export data to exel with out click save to exel in the view section?

Hi All,

While searching issues itself fetched data should import to the excel with user intervenstion in View Section.

How we can do this by using plug-in. Or Is there any other way to it.?

By using listeners?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me. Are you really asking to automatically open EVERY issue navigator screen in Excel? What are you expecting to do with the browser session - close it because the user has hit the screen? And what are you going to tell the users about the hundreds of excel downloads they're going to end up with?

I suspect I've misunderstood the requirement - could you explain the actual need here? (I still seriously doubt that you want to save the result of every search though)

After Searching issues based on criteria we will get some result.(List of issue)

Those issues we have to export to the excel with out choosing an option in the view section like Excel(AllFileds).

Thankyou,

Are users actually asking for features like this? You seem to be working hard to make an unusable jira.

Bother, I did understand you correctly the first time.

<deep breath> That is a very very very bad idea. You don't seem to be grasping that you will be creating thousands of spreadsheets, one for every visit any user makes to the issue navigator screen. The spreadsheets, by definition, will be static and obsolete the instant someone makes any change in Jira. You'll be littering people's hard disks with functionally useless spreadsheets. You'll be imposing a vast and totally unnecessary load on the Jira server.

May I suggest that you have a serious re-think on this requirement - it really does sound wrong to me.

+1 for the Nic's comment.

@ Jamie

Users

Tell them to stop being so silly.

Yup, I agree with Jamie - this is one where the customer is wrong and need to be told so, forcibly if necessary.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

183 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you