How to export data to exel with out click save to exel in the view section?

Suresh April 12, 2012

Hi All,

While searching issues itself fetched data should import to the excel with user intervenstion in View Section.

How we can do this by using plug-in. Or Is there any other way to it.?

By using listeners?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2012

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me. Are you really asking to automatically open EVERY issue navigator screen in Excel? What are you expecting to do with the browser session - close it because the user has hit the screen? And what are you going to tell the users about the hundreds of excel downloads they're going to end up with?

I suspect I've misunderstood the requirement - could you explain the actual need here? (I still seriously doubt that you want to save the result of every search though)

Suresh April 12, 2012

After Searching issues based on criteria we will get some result.(List of issue)

Those issues we have to export to the excel with out choosing an option in the view section like Excel(AllFileds).

Thankyou,

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

Are users actually asking for features like this? You seem to be working hard to make an unusable jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2012

Bother, I did understand you correctly the first time.

<deep breath> That is a very very very bad idea. You don't seem to be grasping that you will be creating thousands of spreadsheets, one for every visit any user makes to the issue navigator screen. The spreadsheets, by definition, will be static and obsolete the instant someone makes any change in Jira. You'll be littering people's hard disks with functionally useless spreadsheets. You'll be imposing a vast and totally unnecessary load on the Jira server.

May I suggest that you have a serious re-think on this requirement - it really does sound wrong to me.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

+1 for the Nic's comment.

Suresh April 12, 2012

@ Jamie

Users

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

Tell them to stop being so silly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2012

Yup, I agree with Jamie - this is one where the customer is wrong and need to be told so, forcibly if necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events