How to edit or set the content of the installation tab for the plugins marketplace page?

Deleted user November 10, 2013

I want to specify some installation instructions on the installation tab of the plugins marketplace page.

There was no way in the marketplace to edit this tab.In branding information i saw a "custom installation instructions" point. where to put it (pom or atlassian-plugin.xml)?Can someone of you provide me with a solution?

3 answers

0 votes
ckwan November 19, 2013

I can't click through to the OTRS integration link, can you please include the URL here as plain text?

thanks!

Deleted user November 20, 2013

Hi Connie,

the Link inside the marketplace to the plugin is:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.catworkx.jira.plugins.otrs_integration

the installation and configuration instructions are inside the documentation which is linked under details and documentation. the link to the documentation is:

http://plugins.extern.catworkx.de/display/OTRS2J/OTRS+Integration+for+JIRA

0 votes
ckwan November 12, 2013

Hi Frank,

Did you mean to include a link above?

Are you just seeking to include a link for your custom installation information? Or is there a paragraph of text you would like to include in that tab?

Deleted user November 13, 2013

Hi Connie,

either a paragraph or a link would be great. If there are small instructions a paragraph would do. In the case of OTRS Integration for JIRA a link might be the better solution because the instructions there are far beyond 1000 chars. In any case we need a way to replace the standard installation instructions. Best would be if there would be a possibility to put in the same place a paragraph or a link or both if necessary.

i hope there is a way to manage that.

thanks

frank

0 votes
ckwan November 10, 2013

Hi Frank,

There is no custom installation field today. The thought here is to direct customers to their UPM instanace as the most streamlined method for installing the add-on. Could you share with me the custom installation instructions you want to provide? I would like to understand your situation.

Thanks!

Connie

Deleted user November 11, 2013

Hi Connie,

we have some plugins which need further configuration. For example

OTRS Integration for JIRA

If would be great if that tab would be editable or might just be forwarded to the documentation link. We had several customer requests in which they complained that the install instructions are not working. within the documenation everything is documented but the customers only see the basic install instructions with upm but no further necessary information about the installation process.

I would be glad if you could provide me a solution for that problem.

thanks in advance!

frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events