How to define entry point for a plugin?

Deepak kumar December 16, 2012

Hi,

I am a licensed user of JIRA.

I have followed the steps provided in the below link to setup JIRA plugin development environment.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Set+up+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK+and+Build+a+Project

However, I am not able to understand how and where (in which file) do we define the entry point function of a plugin.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Hi Deepak,

You can have multiple entry points in your plugin, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

The Bundle Activator (as per OSGi spec) is called when your plugin starts up. Other than that, you may hook your plugin in one of the many places JIRA allows you to. (for example, see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Fragments , but there are more). If you could tell us what you are trying to do, we might be able to help further.

HTH

Deepak kumar December 16, 2012

Now i am creating a new JIRA Plugin,but having problem while defining the entry point. i don't understand where to start my code.Kindly help me by quick reply..

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

If you're using the Atlassian SDK and ran atlas-create-jira-plugin, then you're ready to go. That's the structure.

Next you'll have to look into how would the user interact with it and that'll be the entry-point. See the link I gave you.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

You should know that the heart of a plugin is the Atlassian plugin descriptor and it defines a set of plugin modules.

Each module type has its own entry point.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events