How to add active users and other template in issue comments when issue is transitioned?

Sebastián Delmastro October 18, 2017

I want to add in the issue's comments when an issue is transitioned two things:

(1) A template (checklist) to follow up for each of the points of that issue. It is a QA with several jobs that has the same checklist for this kind of issue. The checklist is simple and it is similar to an excel with checkbox or a simple jira table with checkbox and description of the jobs. The issue is then move to "done" manually when the checklist is complete.

(2) I want to summon the issue reporter exactly the same way in the comments when you do this on Jira.

Captura de pantalla 2017-10-18 a la(s) 18.36.52.png

Thanks for the help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Hi Sebastian, 

1) The best way to achieve this would be to use subtasks for each of the items in the checklist. Then once all the subtasks are complete transition the issue to done. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.45.07 am.png

2) You can summon the reporter by using a comment action. Like this.

[~{{issue.reporter.key}}}

Scott

Sebastián Delmastro October 19, 2017

Thanks @Scott Harwood for the quick response. That worked awesome for point (2).

Actually for point (1) what I don't want to do is to have several sub-task linked to that issue. I rather need to have automatically posted some template like this:

Captura de pantalla 2017-10-19 a la(s) 10.38.14.png

We use the same checklist template in our "QA" issues. These issues are created automatically by one of my rules.

I would love if this template can be posted on issue's description or comment section. It would be great if I can do something like that.

Thanks!

Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

Sure you should be able to just copy the templates into the add comment action?

Is this template just wiki markup? 

Cheers,

Scott

Sebastián Delmastro October 20, 2017

When I tried to copy the template from google sheets or excel it is just copied a plain text format. Anyway to copy the wiki markup as yo mentioned @Scott Harwood?

Thanks

Sebastián Delmastro October 24, 2017

Hi @Scott Harwood there is some way to add a wiki format or template with checkboxes rather the plain text I am adding on the issue's comment section?  

Sebastián Delmastro October 25, 2017

Any thoughts on the above @Scott Harwood?

Thanks for the help.

Sebastián Delmastro October 26, 2017

Hope you have any time to have a look at my question @Scott Harwood

Thanks

Sebastián Delmastro October 27, 2017

Hello @Scott Harwood any chance to look at my question?

Thanks for the help.

Sebastián Delmastro October 31, 2017

Any news @Scott Harwood? I am rasing a support ticket given I been unable to get any feedback on the templet issue.

Thanks

Sebastián Delmastro December 7, 2017

I am very doubtful of continuing paying for this add-on. In think code barrels guys are care less about trying to resolve customers questions and problems.

What do you think @Scott Harwood?

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Hey there Sebastian,

I'm not 100% sure what you're after here but do you just want the wikimarkup format for the table?

Maybe something like this below will work:

h2. Checklist

|| Done || Who || What ||
| (/) | [~sdelmastro] | Test in IE |
| (x) | [~chai1] | Test in Chrome |
| (x) | [~sdelmastro] | Test database upgrade |

I'll follow up on the support ticket you created

Sebastián Delmastro December 14, 2017

Thanks for the answer @[deleted] not exactly what i was looking for but we will make it work as it is. I think wiki markup don't support checkbox as a function.

Regards,

Sebastian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events