How to Set Transition Fields for Cascadeing Field on Transition Action? Automation for JIRA Plugin

Cole Adams May 25, 2017

I am trying to set up an automation rule to transition items based on JQL. This transition has a screen made for it to select values from a cascading field. How would I set these in the transition fields portion of the automation rule?

1 answer

1 vote
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2017

Hi Cole,

So to update a cascading select field, you have to use the 'Advanced' section for now on the 'Transition issue' action.

This question (and answer) shows you an example of how to do this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Marketplace-questions/How-can-I-copy-a-cascading-select-value-with-Automation-for-JIRA/qaq-p/585395

In your example, you can replace the right hand side of the parent and child value with the actual option names you want to select in the cascading select.

So replace '{{triggerIssue.fields.Sample Cascade.value}}' with say 'Colors' and '{{triggerIssue.fields.Sample Cascade.child.value}}' with 'Blue' (if your cascading select has a parent value 'Colors' and a child value 'Blue').

Cheers,
  Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events