How do I trigger issue updates across projects?

Matthew_Mills January 23, 2018

I have 2 projects that need to pass information between 1 another (Project 1 and Project 2)

I have created an automation script that will monitor issue transitions in project 1 and when they hit a set status create a task in project 2. (that works fine no help needed)

However, what I am trying to do is write a rule that will work as follows in Project 2.

When sub task status = Done update main task to done and then in project 1 update the RFC ticket to done and then email a group of people confirming this has happened.

I am getting stuck with this and as a newcomer to the plugin thought that the community might be able to help.

Cheers

Matt

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

You would need to use Branch rule / Related issues for the task in the other project. If there is a link you can get the task in Project 1 by the link, if there is no link you can get the task in Project 1 by JQL query.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events