Group tempo reports by custom field

Jesus Perez Rey February 22, 2019

Hi,

I created a custom field in the work log screen with Tempo to add the work type (development, testing, documentation, etc.)

I would like to get a Tempo report of the timesheets of my team grouping their whole time by that custom field for the work type they submitted instead of grouping it by issue.

Would it be possible?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2019

Hey guys :)

I've followed to discussion and your needs are exactly the cause why we developed our own app for reporting. Would you mind testing our app Exply for JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216773/exply-dashboards-charts-reports) that is specially made for reporting/controlling of JIRA and Tempo data?

I would love to hear your feedback and maybe you could join us as additional "friendly customers" to develop Exply further with real-world input :) Just send me a PM or email to fabian@exply.io

Hope to hear from you soon!

Fabian from Exply

Jesus Perez Rey February 25, 2019

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, it seems your solution is only available for Jira Server, while we are using the Cloud version.

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2019

Hi @Jesus Perez Rey

ah ok, haven't found, that you're using JIRA Cloud. We're planning to release it for JIRA Cloud as well. But this could take some time to realize.

We're also providing Exply as a Self-Hosted Version (www.exply.io) for other data than JIRA & Tempo (e.g. marketing, sales pr ERP data). Would love to hear your feedback :)

sunny regards
Fabian

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

Hi @Jesus Perez Rey

you can try the following app for Jira Cloud: Worklogs - Time Reports for Jira

It should meet your requirements out-of-the box.

Regards,

Jakub.

Like # people like this
Jesus Perez Rey March 6, 2019

Thank you all for your suggestions.

We have finally decided to go without these reports for now. We may try your suggestions at a later stage.

jennifer smith November 2, 2022

Tempo is expensive - you shouldn't have to buy yet another app to do what Tempo should be doing in the first place.

Like # people like this
Gero Kassen November 30, 2022

@Sandstorm Media GmbH

I checked your app, but was not able to find any solution for grouping/analyzing Worklogs by a "Tempo Work Attribute"-Custom Field yet. Did you already add it for Jira Cloud?

Cheers,

Gero

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2022

Hey @Gero Kassen

how about a quick demo call next week to walk you through the Exply basics? Hit me up via fabian@exply.io :)

cheers
Fabian

1 vote
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Hi Jesus - 

Welcome to the Community! 

If you do a Custom Report -> Group by Work Log -> List View you should be able to select that field to display. However, if you want to create any metrics on this (or any other field), I've found that I have better luck exporting to excel and creating my own pivot tables. 

Regards,

Jan

Jesus Perez Rey February 22, 2019

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply.

That allowed me to do some progress indeed, but the report still shows one row for each time entry, while what I wanted was the sum of all the time entries for each work type:

report.png

I could indeed export it to an Excel spreadsheet and do the sum there, but I would like a more direct way to get it straight from Jira reports because top managers won't want to bother about writing Excel formulas 🤷🏻‍♂️

Like William Judd likes this
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Jesus - I concur. We struggle DAILY to provide meaningful reports to management.  

0 votes
Chris Chappelear _Tempo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2022

Hi @Jesus Perez Rey ,

The best option was something that was already mentioned - exporting to Excel and summing the hours from there.

The functionality you are looking for has yet to be added to Tempo.

Please enter this request in our Ideal Portal so that it gets better visibility on our end.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 votes
Mirco Andreon February 26, 2021
jennifer smith November 2, 2022

As i said above, you shouldn't have to buy yet another app to do what Tempo should be doing in the first place

Like # people like this
0 votes
Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2020

@Sandstorm Media GmbH , will your "Exply Dashboards, Charts & Reports" add in for Jira Server let me group by Tempo Role?

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2020

@Pete P Sorry for taking so long! 

Yes, it will let you group any values by Tempo Role (or any other work log attribute/custom field) :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events